Image: Vankrupt Games
Pavlov Shack is now available in the Quest Store. What does the mobile version of the popular VR shooter have to offer?
Pavlov Shack is the Quest version of the popular PC VR shooter Pavlov, which has become one of the best-featured first-person shooters in VR since its initial release in 2017. The VR game is compatible with Meta Quest 3, Quest 2 and Quest Pro and comes with an updated Modkit 3.0 for advanced modding.
PC VR hit comes to mobile VR headsets
The tactical shooter Pavlov is one of the most popular VR games, especially in multiplayer. Due to its similarities to Counter-Strike, it immediately won over shooter fans when it was released in 2017. One factor in Pavlov’s continued success is likely the flourishing modding scene.
The game has supported the Steam Workshop on PC for years, allowing for a constant supply of new maps and game modes from the community. With Pavlov Shack, Vankrupt Games also brought its successful brand to Sony’s current VR headset this year and even enabled cross-play between Playstation VR 2 and PC VR with Update 29.
In mid-October, it was announced that Pavlov Shack would also be coming to Meta Quest 3, where it would run smoothly at 90 Hz. As of today, the VR game is available in the Meta Quest Store for just under $20 and brings even more features to the mobile Meta VR headsets.
Pavlov Shack on Meta Quest: Modding & new maps
Pavlov Shack offers an updated Modkit 3.0 on Meta Quest, a tool that allows to use multiple mods on one server and create different maps in the same modpack. This should allow for faster iteration of existing mods and the separation of game modes and their corresponding maps.
In addition to the more than 300 existing maps, Pavlov Shack will launch with three new maps: “Harbor,” a small Swedish coastal town, “Pinehill,” a Canadian lumberyard, and “Container Yard,” a shipping container yard in Kentucky. Each map is designed for specific game modes, including Search and Destroy, Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill, The Hide, Infection, Gun Game, and One in the Chamber.
Pavlov Shack supports the following game modes on Meta Quest:
- “Search and Destroy”, a 5v5 competitive mode in which players must attack or defend a bomb target without respawning.
- “TTT”, a crime mode in which players have to expose traitors.
- “Zombies”, a cooperative mode in which waves of zombies attack with increasing difficulty.
- “Hide and Secret”, players become a super-powered predator and have to eliminate other players.
- “Prop Hunt”, a hide-and-seek game in which players can transform themselves into props.
- There are also traditional FPS game modes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Gun Game.
Buy Quest 3, Accessories & Prescription Lenses